When planning an event budget, decor can be a significant expense. If you're looking to throw a party to remember without blowing your life savings, consider these ways to save on decorations.
1. Invest in pieces that can be reused. Just like a capsule wardrobe, invest in decorative items that can be used again and again. Some classic items to consider:
2. Consider used instead of new. Check out sites like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor and even eBay to find items that might be for sale after an event. This can be a great way for you to recoup your costs once your event is over as well - and not have to worry about storage.
3. Rent instead of buy. You can rent everything from place settings and linens to lights and furniture at well-establish rental companies. If you are looking to host a large event, this may be the most effective way to ensure that you have enough matching pieces. Plus, the company will deliver and pick up, so you don't have to figure out what to do with 300 cloth napkins.
4. Utilize nature. Considering the time of year that you host your event, look to the outside world for inspiration and beauty. Cut evergreen boughs or dried grasses can make beautiful and inexpensive centerpieces, wooden slabs can be used for food displays and more!
5. Let food pull double duty. If you're serving food at the event, why not get more bang for your buck! A beautiful plated salad can add color to your table, or you could use a cake or a dessert table as a focal point in a larger room. The same goes for gifts and favors that can also be used as decor.
6. Light it up. Find ways to use light to your advantage - highlighting and covering up elements of your choosing. Candles, twinkle lights and lanterns to soften the edges of a rustic venue. Many strings of lights across the ceiling can create a wow factor, and carefully placed mirrors can reflect light to brighten spaces.
7. Choose cost-effective florals. Work with your florist to select more cost-effective options like mums, baby's breath and alstroemeria. Rather than covering the venue in flowers, select a few striking arrangements that will be sure to draw your guests' eyes. If you have a creative flair, choose supermarket flowers and put together your own!
8. Drape carefully. Low-cost fabrics like tulle can be used similarly to lighting to highlight and hide. Fabrics are a great way to add dimension to a blank canvas venue, cover less-than-perfect chairs or cover boxes to add height to centerpieces.
9. Develop a color palette. It can be difficult to find inexpensive decor all in the same color. By focusing on a group of colors rather than a single hue, you can make items coordinate rather than perfectly match. Found six black chargers in the office kitchen but need 10? Add in four silver for a harmonized blend of color. My Big Day has a Pinterest page with color palette inspiration for any event and every taste!
10. Or opt for monochromatic instead. If color coordination isn't your skill set, consider a one-color scheme instead. White is a classic and simple theme that is often the least expensive!
Think you can't afford an event planner? Think again! BIG DEAL Company has creative ideas, in-house graphic designers and relationships with vendors that can help you stay on budget. Contact us today to learn more!
*All content produced by My Big Day; DBA Big Deal Company, including websites, are the property of My Big Day LLC and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, create derivative works, or in any other way exploit any part of our materials without the prior written permission from My Big Day LLC
As a collective of experts, BIG DEAL Company specializes in creativity. With superior organization, marketing experience and original ideas, we pull off amazing events and campaigns!
BIG DEAL Company makes business personal by bringing JOY to the job in everything we do.
As purveyors of fun with BIG DEAL, we support businesses and individuals in the growth of their ideas, events and marketing strategies. Our creative aptitude allows for unique ideas. Our passion for perfection makes every client a priority!
Contact BIG DEAL Company
*** Bringing Joy to the Job ***
Phone: 970-613-1455 or 303-886-3068
About BIG DEAL
Making Business Personal. We pride ourselves on giving you something to look forward to. We are a connected collective of creatives - owned and operated by outstanding women.